Pierre,

It is not due to re2c introduction but to changes committed only in
one branch and never merged to HEAD. Then good developers worked in
HEAD and merged to 5.3 ending with the current mess.

Y'know, attacking me every time I make a move is counterproductive. In this case, it means that anybody who has a clue about fixing the problem won't bother reading my initial post.

http://cvs.php.net/viewvc.cgi/ZendEngine2/zend_ini_scanner.h?view=log tells me that a) the commit was made in 5_3 and merged to HEAD ten days later (and nobody screamed), b) that the changes are part of that patch and c) that the same problem exists in both branches.

I would have spent today on HEAD, but unfortunately I have work outstanding in 5_3 branch because of all this silliness. It's likely to be Sunday before I can get to it now.

Anyone who actually knows how to fix the apache2filter sapi to use the new zend_stream struct introduced as part of the re2c changes is welcome to comment, assuming they got as far as this.

- Steph