On Fri, Jul 18, 2008 at 12:34 PM, Steph Fox <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Pierre,
>
>> It is not due to re2c introduction but to changes committed only in
>> one branch and never merged to HEAD. Then good developers worked in
>> HEAD and merged to 5.3 ending with the current mess.
>
> Y'know, attacking me every time I make a move is counterproductive.

I have no idea what makes you think that my reply was a personal
attack and seriously, it does not matter.

My reply was an informative answer, to explain why and when
apache2filter was broken. Let me rephrase it in less ambiguous way:

- John changed things in 5.x but did not merge them in HEAD
- re2c devs have been done in HEAD
- re2c got merged to 5.3 and reintroduced stuff that were not
needed/used anymore
- As Scott is working in this area right now, he's volunteered to fix
it as soon as possible.

> I would have spent today on HEAD, but unfortunately I have work outstanding
> in 5_3 branch because of all this silliness. It's likely to be Sunday before
> I can get to it now.
>
> Anyone who actually knows how to fix the apache2filter sapi to use the new
> zend_stream struct introduced as part of the re2c changes is welcome to
> comment, assuming they got as far as this.

re2c did not introduce the apache2 changes, that's why I tried to tell
you in the first reply.

Cheers,
--
Pierre