On 25.07.2008, at 09:48, Rasmus Lerdorf wrote:

marius popa wrote:
On Fri, Jul 25, 2008 at 5:06 AM, Gwynne Raskind
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  wrote:
At this point it's clear that moving from CVS to SVN for PHP has become a
more or less official project. As such, there is a new mailing list
isn't better to migrate to git or mercurial ?
http://weblog.rubyonrails.org/2008/4/2/rails-is-moving-from-svn-to- git
it's faster and better on my opinion (why wasting time to convert
later from svn to git )

We have 1000+ people with commit access, many of whom are not very technical. We need something with mature Windows tools for those folks and something that isn't completely different to their way of working.

The git and hg integration with svn is also good so any developer who prefers to have a local repository can very easily use either git or hg and easily merge into the central svn repository.

However I think we should provide the infrastructure for developers to setup a dvcs. I dont know if we want to standardize on a specific one. But collaboration on exterimental stuff that requires a dvcs should be possible on php.net servers.

regards,
Lukas Kahwe Smith
[EMAIL PROTECTED]