Hi!

On 7/31/08 11:07 PM, "Arnaud Le Blanc" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I worked a bit on the ZTS version, this actually fixes many problems with ZTS
> on non-windows plateforms :)
[...snip...]
> I will send a modified version of your patch tomorrow.

Sounds great, can't wait to see what you've got. I've updated the patch
based on some of the feedback received. Please try to incorporate the latest
changes into your work. I imagine some of my latest changes may or may not
work in ZTS. Maybe this would be easier if we were in a repo ;).

Here's a summary of what I've changed:

- Fixed failing tests, one was a real problem in the ITIMER signal handling,
there was no need to reset SIGPROF to SIG_DFL in zend_unset_timeout.

- Moved queue memory allocation to module startup and shutdown, created a
new zend_signal_shutdown to facilitate this that is called by zend_shutdown.

- Wrapped the deactivate checks in an ini setting, zend.signal_check. The
destructor visibility test was failing because we were exiting from within a
critical section. This caused the depth counter to be off in deactivate and
the test would fail in debug mode because of this output. It's now a
ZEND_CORE_WARNING.

- Removed SIGG_UNEXPECTED and replaced with Zend's UNEXPECTED macro.

A few small todo items related to these changes are:

* Update documentation for the zend.signal_check ini
* Update documentation to state that ZEND_CORE_WARNING could also be thrown
in shutdown in addition to startup.

Patch: http://sizzo.org/~screen/patches/php-5.3.0-alarms-0808010408.patch
RFC: http://wiki.php.net/rfc/zendsignals

-lucas