Hi!

1) With the interface, the prototype is fixed.

That definitely would not work. Interface could leave __invoke undefined, though then it'd be more of documentation/attribute purpose than enforcing having __invoke. But it can be workable.

However, I'd still like to make closures more flexible and
internals-friendly by implementing zend_get_closure as a handler.

Hmm... it may work, at least at the first glance I don't see any trouble with it.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]   http://www.zend.com/
(408)253-8829   MSN: [EMAIL PROTECTED]