Hi!

My guess is that it allows for development with heavy __autload usage and
then doing deployment based on static analysis where each target page
results in one large php file generated from that analysis. So there won't
be any overhead and each script target would be a single target of its own.

So each target (like each page, MVC action, etc.) would have its own huge PHP file that has all classes used there? I guess for some applications that could work, for others, more dynamic, that would fail miserably. The maintainability of such thing is also challenging. It would be nice to have some real-life examples of how such things work out - so far I have seen only theory and synthetic benchmarks, which are interesting, but not necessary what would happen on real project.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]   http://www.zend.com/
(408)253-8829   MSN: [EMAIL PROTECTED]