Hi,

I have written a patch to implement upload progress feedback in session data.

The file upload feature in PHP allows extensions to be called back on some
events. A few extensions use this to implement some sort of upload progress
feedback, but none of them are released with PHP, which makes this feature
unusable in many environments.

The patch allows to store upload progress informations in session variables.
These informations can be retrieved by an other script while the upload is
still in progress, allowing to provide feedback to the user.
Implementing this in the sessions extension makes this feature available to
every one.
Using the session extension for this purpose also allows to use the different
storage backends available.
I have written a RFC/documentation here:
http://wiki.php.net/rfc/session_upload_progress

Any objection on committing this to HEAD ?

Regards,

Arnaud