Ron Rademaker wrote:
> Stefan Walk wrote:
>> That would be unclean. If it's implemented in some way, json_encode
>> should look for the implementation of some interface (JSONEncodable
>> or something) providing encoding/decoding methods (similar to
>> __sleep/__wakeup).
> Looking at our current JSON implementations, such an interface would
> be very very welcome. If at all possible something like JSONDecodable
> would be great as well, for restoring class members from json.
I'm thinking about getting involved with some PHP internals, so this
might be as good a place to start as any, unless someone else is
particularly interested or motivated. Having said that, I had first
planned to make some minor changes to the apache2 SAPI to solve a
long-requested feature. I haven't yet looked into why the Apache hasn't
been implemented yet though, so I didn't want to propose it yet.

Dave