2008/10/9 Rodrigo Saboya <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> Jarismar Chaves da Silva wrote:
>>
>> I agree with you.
>> But when using json_encode I believe the developer wants to transfer the
>> complete object state, just like when using serialize.
>> Serialize does see private/protected class members, while json_encode not.
>> Javascript does not have class-accessors so why not convert
>> protected/private to public javascript attributes.
>
> In theory only the public members are relevant to anyone except the object
> itself. If you need information about private/protected members you are
> either using the wrong visibility for your variables or using json for
> something it's not supposed to do.
>
> -- Rodrigo Saboya
>
> --

A simply userland solution would be to use an abstract base class with
json_encode()/json_decode() as public final methods. All classes
needing to support json_encode/json_decode would simply need to extend
from this base class.

No need to add even more "magic" to the base stdClass.

Richard.

--
-----
Richard Quadling