Hi!

http://wiki.php.net/rfc/namespaceissues

My opinion for the proposals:
A. I'm ok with use namespace, but it is inferior to the -> proposal. While it allows explicit disambiguation, it does not allow to call both in the same file. I'm not sure it's too much of a problem but

B. There's a huge problem with this proposal which you seem consistently to ignore despite all my attempts to explain it. Failed autoload on each call is BAD. Very bad. It is not cacheable, it leads to multiple disk accesses and it is absolutely undetectable to the PHP user without the use of special tools. So making all existing code contain this performance bomb unless you rewrite it is very bad. It's better to have this code fail and provide simple script to fix it in automatic fashion. The fix you propose - writing use's - is not enough because as you noted later inertia would make users not to use this code and thus have huge performance hit - which most of them even wouldn't know where it came from. I talked to many OO developers and most of them were OK with using :: on internal classes when using namespaces.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]   http://www.zend.com/
(408)253-8829   MSN: [EMAIL PROTECTED]