Ilia Alshanetsky wrote:
Another issue I just came across caused by :: being used for both namespaces and classes is the fact when it comes to validation such as the one I've just put it for constant names, its impossible to determine if the prefix is a namespace or a class name. So, I definitely think we should change :: to just about anything else, as long as its not :: I'd be happy.

LOL, this is never ending.

I was on the "change ::" bandwagon before realizing it won't fix everything. Would changing the element separator help you in this case? IMO, using a element separator would fix both ambiguity and help autoload. I'm still for option #2, though it lost out already. ;)