Steph Fox wrote:
Hi Thomas,

Anyway, my point is that there may be other options. Such as putting off a long-sought feature until it can be implemented properly.

OK, since you obviously didn't do any background reading before posting to this list, let me direct you to the history behind this decision once again: http://wiki.php.net/rfc/namespaceseparator. Let me also point out that this only covers the last few weeks; the namespace discussions on this very list, in-depth and otherwise, date back some 5 years.

Actually I've been following namespaces for a fair while, but the issue of :: being a problem wasn't really raised until a few weeks ago. So while I'm aware of namespaces being under discussion for a fair while, yesterday was the first I'd heard about a decision being made for the backslash being used as a namespace separator. Sounds like I'm not the only one.

Hope it all works out, either way.

Cheers,