Sean Coates wrote:
I was hoping someone would revive this thread (-:

In Habari, we have/had an ArrayObject that we passed to the view (theme). As far as the theme knows, this is an array (but it has extra methods if the theme is particularly smart).

Unfortunately, this breaks in 5.3, because many of the themes use reset() to get the first element of the array (ArrayObject, but the theme doesn't necessarily know this).

This is a real-world BC break, and without allowing ArrayObject to act like an array, it's nearly useless. We've temporarily "solved" this by casting the ArrayObject to an array, which is silly. This should be fixed in 5.3, IMO.

I discussed this with Johannes a bit, yesterday.

I see. If it's a real-world BC break, then it should be fixed.

-a