Hi Stas, and All,

I understand that there is a strong desire for this thread to be dead.
However, after reading this and all related threads and wiki, I find that
one item is still unclear, at least to me.

On Mon, Oct 27, 2008 at 6:27 PM, Stanislav Malyshev <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> And how exactly it serves the needs of people by secretly making their
> applications orders of magnitude slower, and then saying "oh, that's because
> you failed to read paragraph 16.4.5.1 in the manual, you should really
> read that paragraph before pretending to be PHP programmer!". Good
> environment or does what you want it to do, or fails, explaining to you why
> it doesn't work - it doesn't do it half way half broken and then blames you
> for not reading some obscure note in the manual. That's not how I see
> helping.

What, if any, performance penalty should we expect with the proposed
namespace changes when executing existing code that does not use
namespaces?  Do we need to change existing namespace-free code in order to
avoid any potential performance penalties?  Has anyone benchmarked the
changes yet to see if the performance penalty, if any, is actually
significant for some set of common usage cases?

If it's too soon to answer that last question then perhaps the whole
performance debate is a bit premature.

> --
> Stanislav Malyshev, Zend Software Architect
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]   http://www.zend.com/
> (408)253-8829   MSN: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Regards,
Marshall