> Since this affects everybody, it should be opened up to the community, so,
> the internals should put together several options and then open a poll for
> the community to vote on and then use which ever comes out on top.
>
> Cheers
> Kelvin

This has been done so many times... I'm following this discussion in
probably the last 2 years, but as Steph mentioned womewhere it was ongoing
for the last 5. In the last month there were votings too.
According to the last discussions looks like the main candidates for ns
separators were '\', ':::' and probably ':>'.
I think everyone (especially the core developers) is sick of discussing and
voting.