Hi!

a) I showed the 5.2 behavior, using "proper" interfaces is a silent
change which might break application and is probably hard to find. While
I don't know how many people rely on these "features".

I think it'd be OK for functions using HASH_OF in 5.2 keep using that, and I'm not sure we should ask for any specific interface there.

As for other ones, we need to see if it would make sense there (something like array_shift probably wouldn't make too much sense on generic object and won't work correctly with most Array* objects either).

[EMAIL PROTECTED]   http://www.zend.com/
(408)253-8829   MSN: [EMAIL PROTECTED]