Pierre Joye wrote:
hi,

We see similar problems with installations of Firebird. It's surprising how
many packages use Firebird embeded, but windows finds their copy of the
client before the 'real' copy.

It was not a PHP problem but a configuration problem on Edward's
machine (mathlab related or smtg like that).

Same sort of problem though which is why I flag it up. Other windows installations do not play well together and can result in the wrong library being found and loaded. Not PHP's problem, but one PHP users need to be aware of!

I just installed a couple of machines at a site where I found windows VISTA
already had the client installed - and we have no idea where from. Since it
is a recent copy it has to be something new, but this is now starting to
become a recurring problem in windows!
Pierre - this is one of the reasons for having to take care with WHICH
version of a client library PHP is working with :(

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL