Hi,

On Mon, 2008-12-08 at 16:03 +0000, Richard Quadling wrote:
> But I also understand it is pretty shitty to miss a 1 liner (magic
> quotes removed) and find everything broken and then to be told
> RTFM/RTFCL.

There's a difference between this and other breaks: Most other BC breaks
change the behavior in a way you can easily spot, the magic_quotes issue
will only be spotted when actually testing for it - using the PHP app as
it is supposed will work like a charm. Only when adding " or ' you get
an SQL error ... which is a big security issue. (which again is
different from other BC breaks which just result in not working code)

I don't safe stuff relying on magic_quotes is safe but kicking it will
open up way more attack vectors... :-(

johannes