Hi Kuba,

For the moment some unexpected behaviour caused by use of undefined constant may be hard to fix with low error reporting level.

So don't use a low error reporting level.

Moreover,
treating an undefined constant as a string does not make sense. I know that PHP is intended to be a flexible language, but for me it's a bit thick.

Just how is PHP supposed to know that some random string is intended to be anything else?

By the quotes :).

Undefined variable $foo doesn't fall back to string 'foo' it falls back to null. It's a sane strategy for constants as well.

I have no information how people "rely" on this, I know the reason for this fallback is bad syntax like: echo $hi[there];

I'd fix it in 6.0 though.

Regards, Stan Vassiev