Hello everyone,

Currently when an undefined constant is called, E_NOTICE is produced and the name of the constant is assumed to be a string. In my opinion this behaviour is strange and problematic for most developers. Maybe it would be good if invoking undefined constants will start to produce at least E_WARNING?

For the moment some unexpected behaviour caused by use of undefined constant may be hard to fix with low error reporting level. Moreover, treating an undefined constant as a string does not make sense. I know that PHP is intended to be a flexible language, but for me it's a bit thick.

Regards,
faw