Hello all,

here's what I'm trying to do: I'm writing a PHP extension in C and I'd like
to create a DOMDocument object in my C code that I could send back to my PHP
code. I have been trying many things, like:

#include "ext/dom/php_dom.h"

zval *doc;
MAKE_STD_ZVAL(doc);
object_init_ex(doc, dom_document_class_entry);
zval c_ret, constructor;
INIT_ZVAL(c_ret);
INIT_ZVAL(constructor);

ZVAL_STRING(&constructor, ZEND_CONSTRUCTOR_FUNC_NAME, 1);
call_user_function(NULL, &doc, &constructor, &c_ret, 0, NULL TSRMLS_CC);

It compiles, but when I call my function, it fails on object_init_ex (and
when I say it fails, it stops apache...). I've also tried things like:

zend_call_method(NULL, dom_document_class_entry,
dom_document_class_entry->constructor, ZEND_CONSTRUCTOR_FUNC_NAME,
strlen(ZEND_CONSTRUCTOR_FUNC_NAME), &doc, 2, "1.0", "UTF-8" TSRMLS_CC);

but it stills kill apache each time.

Does anyone know how to do this? Is this even feasible?

Regards,

François Lemaire