Afternoon all,

Recently I've been running in to a lot of frustrations with PHP, don't get me wrong I love the language, but I just can't do what I *need* to in a few situations, specifically when dealing with Classes and Objects.

I strongly feel that these need added in to PHP 6, for multiple reasons which I'd be happy to elaborate on.

a: Optional Static Typing
I'm finding an ever increasingly need to be able to staticly type properties, parameters, return types etc (in classes) I know there is type hinting but it's just not enough to do what one needs. Additionally support for staticly typing primatives.

b: Object superclass
A base class type which all objects automagically extend, with (if nothing else) a unique id / hashcode for each object. Failing this some form of function to get a unique reference string for any variable.

c: Method overloading
TBH it's something I could live without, whereas a/b aren't, but it would be an ideal addition to php; Many times I've had to work around the lack of this functionality with (what could be) unneeded code.

I can't stress enough what a vast difference the implementation of these three features would make to php, even above many of those currently rfc'd (imo), infact I'd put them on par with the need for namespaces, and additionally they'd compliment namespaces perfectly.

Is there any way to get the ball moving with any of the above? (if I was a c dev I'd do it myself.. infact even considered learning c just for this task)

Regards, Nathan