IMHO, the prefix will turn everything more readable...

I already saw people experiencing some doubts regarding this piece of
code. I had to illustrate it everything.

namespace Foo;

class Bar
{
    public function test()
    {
        try {
            do_some_stuf();
        } catch (Exception $e) { // Refers to Foo\Exception
            // Special handling of Foo Exception
        } catch (\Exception $e) { // Refers to PHP Exception
            // Special handling of Exception
        }
    }
}

I just updated the code to explain wtf is happening... but he was just
trying to do a simple try { .. } catch (Exception $e) { ... } and
thought it was a bug since it was refering to Foo\Exception. Sounds
newbie, but you will have troubles in the future.

Regards,

On Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at 10:07 PM, Alain Williams <a...@phcomp.co.uk> wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at 03:58:22PM -0800, Andrei Zmievski wrote:
>> Lukas Kahwe Smith wrote:
>> >I think the decision was to not yet bother with reserving namespaces or
>> >starting to namespace-ify extensions. We might however want to put out a
>> >naming guide for namespaces.
>>
>> I agree. Whether the error is raised or not on reserved namespaces can be
>> done later, but we should explicitly indicate that certain namespaces are
>> off-limits.
>
> Could take the simple convention that exists in perl with modules.
>
> Module names begin with a capital letter, pragmase are lower case, thus you
> have:
>
>        use strict;
>
>        use IO::File
>
> Nobody is made to do anything, however you loose the option to complain if
> your
> namespace starts with a lower case character.
>
> --
> Alain Williams
> Linux/GNU Consultant - Mail systems, Web sites, Networking, Programmer, IT
> Lecturer.
> +44 (0) 787 668 0256  http://www.phcomp.co.uk/
> Parliament Hill Computers Ltd. Registration Information:
> http://www.phcomp.co.uk/contact.php
> Past chairman of UKUUG: http://www.ukuug.org/
> #include <std_disclaimer.h>
>
> --