On 13.03.2009, at 00:39, Andrei Zmievski wrote:

Christian Schneider wrote:
Things gettings reserved at a later stage (like originally keywords, now namespaces) can lead to a big deal of frustration. Therefore I think it
is crucial to have a clear naming guide now.
And these guidelines have to be noticed by everybody who starts to use
namespaces so they have to be placed prominently.
Personally I'd even prefer them to be enforced in code so they can't be
missed.
Removing restrictions later on causes less trouble so I wouldn't mind
too much if a couple of namespaces (or namespace prefixes) are reserved
but never used.

Just a gentle reminder to make sure we don't miss this..

Well cant we just use the class naming guide? As in put a prefix in your namespace names, do not use an extension name (or something that could likely become an extension name) as your prefix.

Then again for classes we say that the prefix should be prepended with an underscore as the separator as the ultimate protection. That of course does not seem feasible for namespaces.

regards,
Lukas Kahwe Smith
m...@pooteeweet.org