On Thu, 2009-02-05 at 11:06 -0800, Sebastian Bergmann wrote:
> Johannes Schlüter wrote:
> > Of course we could, we'd "just" have to change a structure and
> > zend_verify_arg_class_kind() and of course the language syntax to allow
> > something like "function foo(A|B $bar) {}" but this still would mean to
>
>  This should, of course, only be for built-in functions and methods. But
>  yeah, it probably does more harm than good.

Doing this for built-in stuff won't help the issue here is about
overloading an internal method. So we'd have to give it to userland.

>  It just sucks, IMHO, that some functions and methods will not have
>  Reflection API metadata because the same arginfo structure is used for
>  two things. But I will shut up now.

So reflection should use other data than the engine thus leading to
inconsistencies? Reflection's purpose is to give the engine's
information to userland ...

johannes