Matt Wilmas wrote:

(I'm glad this change was reverted for 5.2...)

Anyway, like I said in my "5.3 todos" reply, I'll send a possible
DVAL_TO_LVAL, etc. solution (consistent/reliable overflow across platforms)
for consideration as soon as I can...  There are other inconsistencies and
behavior changes with the existing code, and it definitely doesn't behave in
a platform-independent way!  With the 4 versions of DVAL_...: old, 32 bit,
64 bit, 64 bit Windows (not sure why it's there; its longs are still 32
bit?), things I can think of:

- Matt

Longs are still 32bit on 64bit windows, which explains the special case for windows.

I'd be interested to see your possible solution to this. Having consistent behaviour across platorms/32bit/64bit would be great from my p.o.v, as writing tests for the current behaviour isn't fun at all!

Iain