shire wrote:

http://tekrat.com/downloads/bits/apc_lazy_php53.patch

You should be able to apply the above patch to the latest PHP_5_3 branch, and recompile the latest APC CVS against it. Two ini settings enable/display lazy loading:

apc.lazy_functions=On/Off
apc.lazy_classes=On/OFf

Awesome!

Alternative implementations would include replacing the function entries with an internal function that would load the opcodes when called, however I found this implementation to be problematic, still requires changes to PHP, and would also require inserting entries into the function/class tables which itself ends up being an expensive task for extremely large codebases.

I still haven't given up on the executor hooks. But can't argue with
code that works (yes, it works for most of my tests).

I should finish up the RO patches in place so that we can catch stuff
being overwritten in shm without locks - reflection, xdebug and suhosin
looks like potential culprits here.

Cheers,
Gopal
--
If I learn from my mistakes, pretty soon I'll know everything