2009/3/19 mike <mike...@gmail.com>:
> On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 10:06 PM, Cesar D. Rodas <sad...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hey mike,
>
>> It is different, my idea is that the worker execute PHP code (I will
>> embed PHP into C or C++), AFAIK gearman execute C code. The main
>> advantage is that you can "deploy" your app. without recompile your
>> worker, and would be easy to migrate from an existing php code.
>
> Not quite sure it is different.
>
> You're looking for a distributed worker mechanism, right? That's what
> Gearman does. and it has a PECL module to interface with it.
>
> Basic example here:
> http://www.oddments.org/notes/GearmanMySQLWebinar200902.pdf
 Great presentation

In the presentation with Gearman you have a C extension for PHP, and
you code the daemon itself in PHP. My idea it's different. Let's put
it simple. I am planning code a server (similar to a web server,
Apache) written in C or C++ that contains PHP embed (or its own SAPI),
with an efficient protocol (no xml, no http) to call PHP functions
that he contains. The protocol probably would use my binary
serialization class and submit objects
(http://www.phpclasses.org/browse/package/5242.html) but I don't know
yet.

In typical installation you would have many workers, and one "master"
that will be a mere php application with web interface probably that
would submit PHP code to the workers. The code will be raw PHP, I mean
no special API would be needed to export any function, my goal it's
keep it simple to migrate.

The final client wouldn't connect to the master, they will have a pull
of worker and they will pick up one randomly (as many people does with
memcached).

Is it clear enough?

--
Cesar D. Rodas