Bringing this back to the list since its still relevant apparently.

On 26.03.2009, at 19:43, shire wrote:

Lukas Kahwe Smith wrote:

Also Marcus had some comments about your
"ZendEngine2/zend_language_scanner.c" change:
" thanks for looking into this. The patch looks pretty good for the most part. But you effectively create a BC issue here becuase you no longer
allow \0 inside a php file or string. You might want to test whether
a length check in your NULL rules fixes that. That check would either
return the \0 if inside the code or return 0 if in the lookahead block."

Did the above things get fixed yet?

Yes, these where both the same issue and have been fixed (allowing nulls in the code). I think we could probably make better changes here but it will be fine for the time being

Ok.

There was another bug here http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=47596 that is slightly related, I made an update in the comments. Dmitry just put in a temporary fix so that we can release this way if needed, however we should make a longer term fix for the actual problem at some point.

Dmitry?

regards,
Lukas Kahwe Smith
m...@pooteeweet.org