Lukas Kahwe Smith wrote:
Bringing this back to the list since its still relevant apparently.

On 26.03.2009, at 19:43, shire wrote:
There was another bug here http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=47596 that
is slightly related, I made an update in the comments. Dmitry just put
in a temporary fix so that we can release this way if needed, however
we should make a longer term fix for the actual problem at some point.

Dmitry?

Just to be clear here, Dmitry gave us a heads up that his fix should be reverted once we
come up with a better fix.  I think Marcus, Nuno, Scott, myself, and whomever else can
contribute need to determine/implement a better fix for the mmap call.  Ideally I think
we'd like a flex-like <<EOF>> regex expression in re2c, but it would be helpful
to get more feedback from those familiar with re2c who could implement this.  Alternatively
we can probably dynamically allocate the data via YYFILL and adjust SCNG accordingly.
Interested in other suggestions, as my scanner experience is limited.

-shire