Hi!

Right, I think that is actually the conclusion we came to at one point.
 I don't remember the discussion that caused the RFC to be declined.  I
would be in favour of reversing that decision wherever it came from.

Amen to that!

And that just isn't going to happen.  The only valid argument against
short_tags itself is that it clashes with named PI tags and <?= does not
have that same problem.

So, could we have <?= reclassified as "normal tag" and have short_tags killed for 6? Please? :)
s...@zend.com   http://www.zend.com/
(408)253-8829   MSN: s...@zend.com