2009/7/8 Ilia Alshanetsky <i...@prohost.org>:
> All of the identified issues can be resolved and none of them represent a
> major challenge to address. However, if there is no consensus to put this in

OK, but you had not said you would resolve them. I would appreciate
some detail on what you will do to address them.

> the near future (which at this point is 5.3), I have hard time justifying
> spending further time on this. The original patch that was posted, that did
> break BC was far simpler and featureless, the changes since (which took a
> fair amount of work) were specifically made to address some of the main
> concerns that were on the list. I feel what is on the table right now is
> pretty close to what a final product could be, to have a vote on it. If

Personally, I had gotten the impression that this was the final
product, and that we could take it or leave it.

> decision is made to proceed within a practical release schedule, then
> suffice to say that I'd be more then happy to put further time to address
> the minor issues indicated.

I recommend:

 - stop the vote
 - address the issues (possibly deferring them until after voting, or whatever)
 - write an RFC
 - wait for Lukas to finish what he's doing
 - new vote, more options (5.3.x/5.4/6.0, Lukas'/yours, make it clear
what we're voting for)

Thanks,
Paul

--