On 08/17/2009 08:12 PM, Remi Collet wrote:
Hi,

Building 5.3.1 snapshot with options
       --with-mysql=shared,mysqlnd
       --with-mysqli=shared,mysqlnd
       --with-pdo-mysql=shared,mysqlnd

create 3 .so files, ok.
But mysqlnd extension still build as static within php core.

It's not an extension.

Is it a way to build mysqlnd as a shared extension ?

No, it's not an extension.

Don't find any option and .m4 file set this extension as static
(changing this result in a .so which cannot be load)

My goal will be to provides both solutions (libmysql and mysqlnd) to be
able to quickly switch from one to the other (for tests / benchmark)

Not possible.

Any idea / solution ?

No idea or solutions.

P.S. main question is probably, should we use mysqlnd under linux ?

If you want to use experimental stuff then yes. Otherwise not.

--Jani