Hi:

On Fri, Aug 21, 2009 at 04:41:31PM -0400, Wietse Venema wrote:

> The Postfix sendmail command prefers input in native UNIX stream-lf
> format. Postfix will jump some hoops for software that wants to
> use the non-native CRLF format. It uses a switch (going from using
> LF to using CRLF) and therefore it won't accept mixed line endings.

That's my experience too.  Along those lines, something seems amiss in
mail.c in the 5.3 branch, and perhaps in other branches.

Line 244 uses \r\n while line 246 uses \n.

Those originating script header lines were added in revision 273168,
though line 244 originally had the \r\n at the start of the line and a \n
at the end.  Then revision 282504 (in response to bug 48620) removed the
starting \r\n but changed the trailing \n to an \r\n.

A quick look at mail.c and the documentation seems to indicate \r\n is
the goal, so line 246 likely needs changing from \n to \r\n.

Thanks,

--Dan

                http://www.AnalysisAndSolutions.com/