On Fri, August 21, 2009 2:11 pm, Joey Smith wrote:
> 2) Perhaps this has changed, but last time I looked, the built-in
> SMTP client is the ONLY method available for mail() on Win32.

I believe some people have had success in installing sendmail-like
software on Windows and using the 'linux' sendmail version.

But I could be mis-remembering...

I have no intention of commenting on the actual thrust of this \n \r\n
\r mess that has been stinking up not only php mail() but the entire
software industry for decades...

> Then Chris Smith wrote:
> It is simple to detect the method used, SMTP is used if sendmail_path
> is empty and the system is Windows, otherwise sendmail is used.

I think you should revise this to be "if sendmail_path is empty".

Many *nix folks use SMTP as well...

--
Some people ask for gifts here.
I just want you to buy an Indie CD for yourself: