Ferenc Kovacs wrote:
Then see how we can do it for the other drivers at the same time.
I'm looking for Oracle.
Is somebody know how we can do for MySQL (and how raise notices with
it) ?

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/show-warnings.html

Something to consider here is that, like MySQL in this case, many of these types of activity ARE now available as SQL queries and so do not have to be handled specially by the driver. It is only those areas where the results are only available by non-SQL calls that should be added as special cases. PDO has no interest in mapping SQL between different engines! Carrying out additional SQL calls in the background to emulate functions required by other drivers just seems wrong? The Firebird engine has been working to move all of the 'service' facilities which would normally be handled directly by the driver into simple SQL queries to get around this problem from the other end.

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL