Jille Timmermans schrieb:
I have 'implemented' MySQL's mysql_warning_count() function. (
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/mysql-warning-count.html )
mysql_warning_count() is available in MySQL's C-api in >3.23, >4.1 and >5

I am not a big fan of adding anything to ext/mysql that is not security relevant or mission critical. mysql_warning_count() is a convenience function.

Let ext/mysql run out and use ext/mysqli instead. ext/mysqli is around since PHP 5.0 = 2004 = 5 years. It can be considered as faily stable. It is as easy to use as ext/mysql. Performance is virtually identical.

Only ext/mysqli gives you access to all functionality of MySQL 4.1 and above, e.g. charset and prepared statements.

I see no reasons for updating ext/mysql when there is a successor (for so long).

Ulf

--
Ulf Wendel, MySQL
Sun Microsystems GmbH,   Sonnenallee 1,   D-85551 Kirchheim-Heimstetten