Alexey Zakhlestin schrieb:

On 13.10.2009, at 16:10, Jille Timmermans wrote:

Why would you hide functionality from people when you get a patch, and all that has to be done is commit it? I'm pretty sure it won't break anything.

Definitely +1 from me.
As long as ext/mysql is bundled with php (which means "officially supported") I see no reason to reject simple patches

Definetly -1 from my side: what maked warning count different from prepared statements?

If ext/mysql would not have such a tremendous user base, I would even suggest to disable it by default.

Ulf

--
Ulf Wendel, MySQL
Sun Microsystems GmbH,   Sonnenallee 1,   D-85551 Kirchheim-Heimstetten