On 11.11.2009, at 11:44, Mikko Koppanen wrote:

On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 10:00 AM, Lukas Kahwe Smith <m...@pooteeweet.org > wrote:

On 11.11.2009, at 01:50, Greg Beaver wrote:

if (can_include($file)) {
  include $file;
}

I am sure you focused on the technical aspects. Just wanted to say that for a name "can" is not ideal, because there is no gurantee that the file will not have syntax errors. As such something with "exists" is better (for example include_file_exists(), though also not ideal) .. Stas proposal of a "file_find()" is also good, but I think it would be nice to have "include"
in the name.

Isn't this what stream_resolve_include_path does?

it might .. the doc's are sort of unclear .. since fopen optionally checks the include path. then again the name of the function implies that it does a search in the include path. the name is a bit long .. but i like the use of "resolve".

so a byte code cache should cache the resolution of the path thereby speeding up the subsequent call to include?

regards,
Lukas Kahwe Smith
m...@pooteeweet.org