Bump.

I really think we need to think about this problem that Lukas has brought up.

Now that the magic words have come up ('counting stat calls'), can we get someone to weight in on the possibility of both having some kind of include_path resolver in the 5.3 branch, and it's impact of stat calls in PHP both without an optimizer and with an optimizer?

It seems like enough interest is here, as well as code, and those willing to contribute the functionality.. What about on the policy front?

As you can tell, I am itching to see where this goes ;)

-ralph