At 19:44 09/12/2009, Jérôme Loyet wrote:
So let have the question another way:
Do we keep XML or do we switch to something else ? If so, which format ?

I and some others think xml is not appropriate here because of the
complexity. So I do think there is a need to change.

INI or other ?
INI is used widely in PHP and users know it. But it's not well adapted
for the actual php-fpm configuration organisation. (properties in
sections or subsections). If choosed how will it be organized ?

We should be using INI unless there are compelling reasons against it, now that this project becomes a part of the PHP source tree. As far as I can tell there are no such compelling reasons and it can actually map quite nicely into INI, hence, that's what we should use.

Zeev