On Sat, Mar 13, 2010 at 12:09 PM, Lester Caine <les...@lsces.co.uk> wrote:
> It was my understanding that PHP6 was intended to provide international
> users with something that they could use in their own native language?
> Unicode titled files with unicode titled classes and functions.

Please get your facts straight about the current PHP, this is
perfectly valid code that runs fine, it contains a russian class name,
chinese method name and arabic variable name.

class ѮѠф {
  function 艾弗($ـجــج) {
    return strtoupper($ـجــج);
  }
}

$obj = new ѮѠф;
echo $obj->艾弗('test'); // outputs TEST

I attached a copy of the code in a file in case your mail client
doesn't handle unicode as good as php ;)

The PHP6 unicode support was to have unicode strings being handled
natively by all functions, for example to have strlen() working fine
on a UTF-32 encoded string while currently one must use mb_strlen() to
get the correct result.

Cheers,
Jordi