On Sat, Mar 13, 2010 at 7:35 PM, Pierre Joye <pierre....@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 13, 2010 at 10:07 AM, Chen Ze <surfc...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I think unicode should only care for string handling. Formatting
>> numbers should not be the thing that unicode cares. Unicode is a
>> standard for text, not for text or number formatting.
>
> That's a totally wrong statement. Please read Unicode specs, there are
> clear references to formatting as well as many other areas. It is
> impossible to split the unicode scripts from the way we process or use
> them (output, formatting, sorting, searching, conversions, etc.).

sorry, I am wrong.

I was thinking number formatting, collation as a independent standard
even many implementation(for example intl) are based on the unicode.

But I still think we should implement unicode string handling and
something like number formatting as independent interface.

For internal unicode type for function name, class name or something
others, since there is other mail talking about that, I will give my
point there.

--
aka Surf Chen
http://chenze.name/