On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 22:12, Lukas Kahwe Smith <m...@pooteeweet.org> wrote:

> On 16.03.2010, at 19:23, Hannes Magnusson wrote:
>
>> You didn't even list the mbstring patch.. that was discussed and as
>> far as I remember everyone thought it was great idea, just not in a
>> stable branch.
>

> Is this tone really necessary? One you are argueing for more flexibility and
> then you are shooting the messenger because in a long list he forgot one
> thing (there are probably a few others .. we might want to go through the
> todo wiki pages for more)?

"tones" are misleading :]

One of the things we already discussed before this thread was to
attempt alternative ways to approach "the unicode problem".
That mbstring patch is one of those ways. Its nonintrusive (well, to
other parts of the language) and should be relatively backwards
compatible and improves the extension quite a lot.

-Hannes