On Tue, 16 Mar 2010, Lukas Kahwe Smith wrote:

> On 16.03.2010, at 16:58, Derick Rethans wrote:
>
> other stuff:
> http://wiki.php.net/todo/php60
> http://wiki.php.net/todo/backlog

yeah, I know there is other stuff, I was just listing a few examples of
things I remembered. Both lists require some scrutiny as I can see from
a quick glance.

> As for unicode, I would like the next release to be planned
> independently of finding a solution for unicode, but with the clear
> option that it will be included if we find a good solution in time
> (like I said I think it would be good to shoot for a final release
> summer 2011, so beta phase in early 2011).

I do agree that we need to do major releases more often, but just
setting a time already feels wrong. It's still open source, so it's
ready when it is ready. That of course should not mean that we should
keep on adding features endlessly.

So how would that "group" differ from just internals@ ?

> Again if these guys find a workable solution that can be implemented
> this year and I am all for putting it into the next release.

It might also be possible to introduce Unicode step by step. Not
everything does necessarily have to be done in one release.

regards,
Derick

--
http://derickrethans.nl | http://xdebug.org