On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 11:33 PM, Derick Rethans <der...@php.net> wrote:

> That's not true. You configure the fastcgi SAPI for lighttpd in the
> lighttpd config, in LUA. Sure, it's the web-server side of it, but it's
> no different from sapi/fpm which is its own little wrapper instead of
> the one that comes with lighttpd.
>
> ## Start an FastCGI server for php
> fastcgi.server    = ( ".php" =>

>        "bin-copy-environment" => (
>            "PATH", "SHELL", "USER"
>        ),
>        "broken-scriptfilename" => "enable"
>    ))
> )
>
> This is in no way different than doing the configuration for the FPM
> sapi in their XML file.

That's not true either. That's clearly a server configuration and has
absolutely nothing to do with PHP. It is a FastCGI configuration (in
this case for lighttpd) and it will work the same for any other
FastCGI (environment settings may differ but the way to do it does
not).

It is slightly different with mod_php as php actually extends the
configuration syntax of Apache. But that's pretty much the same than
with fastcgi.

What I would suggest is to get it into trunk soon so we can test it
more easily. About the configuration format, it seems to me that we
should figure out a way to do it in php.ini for consistency. But for
my own sanity, please don't bring XML to the game. If a more flexible
format is required, please consider YAML.

However, is it not possible to extend our ini parser to support what
we need for FPM (did not check all the details)?

Cheers,
--
Pierre