On 24.03.2010 01:16, Zeev Suraski wrote:
> For me it is a requirement before the code makes it into a released
> version of PHP, and I think many others think that way if past
> discussions are any indication.  That's what RFCs are for - if people
> can just go ahead and implement their original thoughts without
> paying attention to feedback, why bother?
> Personally I think that the person pushing the code should be
> responsible for implementing the feedback to the RFC (or getting
> others to do it).

I think you're missing something.

I don't care if FPM is in or out of the core.

The only thing I get in case if it's accepted is more troubles as I'll have to
maintain it.
Nevertheless, I feel that it's a good thing, therefore I'm pushing it in.

But if somebody wants me to rewrite a substantial and well-tested part of the
code in order to use another syntax style just because XML is "too complex
for mere mortals" - I won't do it.

If there are any volunteers to do this - go ahead, let's see what happens.
If there are none - fine, I have enough stuff to maintain already.

--
Wbr,
Antony Dovgal