Stanislav Malyshev wrote:
Hi!

class Filter {
public function __construct() { /* construct stuff */ }
public function filter($value) { /* return filtered */ }
}

Produces:

PHP Strict Standards: Redefining already defined constructor for
class Zend\Filter\Filter in [snip file] on line [snip line]

I just checked - this code produces the same warning in 5.2 (without the namespace of course), and in 5.3.0. So I don't see what changed in 5.3.1 exactly?

Nothing changed, you are right, the behavior is there in all these versions.

My PHP's for 5.3.0 and 5.3.1&2 have different default values for error_reporting, and since changing to E_STRICT at runtime is too late (file already compiled with error_reporting of php.ini), I was not triggering the code properly.

(My 5.3.0 was shipped from apple, as was their php.ini which the default error_reporting value is E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE & ~E_DEPRECATED, not the newly recommended php.ini-development value of E_ALL | E_STRICT. Also, in 5.2 series, the PHP group never recommended to use E_STRICT in the php.ini, another reason the code was not triggered in my testing.)

-ralph