Hi,

Also $this have been wildly discuss here, but the same discussion can be apply to static/self.

self might be simple to figure out how to bind within a closure.
It can be bind to the name of the class where the closure is define.

static is a more tricky one but it should be the same thing than $this.

Is there a RFC about it?
Thanks

Stanislav Malyshev wrote:
Hi!

I see that still nothing happens with closures and $this, and it sounds like the overall feeling was that we still want $this in closures work, and most are inclined to A here:
http://marc.info/?l=php-internals&m=126090656804423&w=2
or some version of it.

So, can anybody provide any reason not to resurrect $this in closures in trunk? If not, I intend to do it next week (unless somebody is already working on it - don't want to step on anybody's toes :).

-- Mathieu Suen