Hi,

The comment I'm about to make is behind the times, and, now, useless, I
know, but I can't hold me.

You chose for the namespace feature, a great feature besides, the
backslash ?? really ?? Come on guys, among all the possibilities, you
have chosen, according to me, the most hideous character possible.

Having Windows©®™ path like strings in the middle of source code is not
something that is going to make me use the feature.

PHP syntax was simple, clean. To me, the backslash token ruins
everything. Using it aside from escaping was something I have never
considered, have you ? Do you like it ?

The goal of backslash was maybe to highlight namespace in the source
code, if it was, congrats, we only see that now.
To my opinion it breaks all esthetic's balance of a source code.

No need to respond that I should have contribute to the choice, believe
me, if I could have, I would have.

This was just the comment of a simple guy which is very concerned about
source code esthetic's and believes that a neat, well balanced code is
more likely to be well maintained that any other one.

Best regards.

--
Sylvain Rabot <sylv...@abstraction.fr>